PHP 5.3 / Zend Guard Loader / Optimizer+???

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mherbold, Oct 23, 2011.

1. mherbold

mherbold New Member

I have PHP 5.3 with Zend Guard Loader and Optimizer+. I can configure aMember but after configuration nothing will load - I suspect this is due to the encryption of the php files not working with PHP 5.3...

I ran the tester.php file and it spits out a lot of warnings about depreciated functions which makes me think that aMember was written for PHP 5.2 - is there no PHP 5.3 version? Files encrypted with Zend Guard for PHP 5.2 will not work with PHP 5.3 I believe. Am I out of luck? PHP 5.3 has been out for a while - if it is true that aMember is not compatible with PHP 5.3 then I would question why.

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember Pro is fully compatible with PHP 5.3, you just have to disable E_DEPRECATED from error_reporing. Also, production version of aMember (which you will get after purchase) is not encoded.

We are also preparing brand new version 4 of aMember to release on next week, it will raise no warning even with your configuration. There is the demo: www.amdemo.com
  3. mherbold

mherbold New Member

Alex - The info that I can see on the aMember website says that one file is encrypted in the purchased version. Is this no longer true?

I tried running index.php but get this error:

File [/home/aslta/www/amember/index.php] has been uploaded in ASCII (text) FTP transfer mode and is broken.
    Please re-upload file in BINARY mode.

Strangely enough that error message is only visible when I run through the Zend Debugger - it simply returns an HTTP 500 error if I do not use the Zend Debugger.

The problem is, I did not upload the file. I downloaded the zip file directly from amember.com and unzipped it on the server using a ssh shell. At no time did I ever upload any php file individually.

Basically what I did was (on Ubuntu 10.04 SSH):

w3m http://www.amember.com/downloads/amember-ZEND-latest.zip (this gets it from your server)
    unzip amember-ZEND-latest.zip (unzips the file, note that if the file was downloaded ascii mode the unzip would have failed due to crc errors)
    chown -r www-data:www-data amember/data (make this directory owned by apache user)
    chown -r www-data:www-data amember/templates_c (make this directory owned by apache user)

Then using web browser run amember/setup.php - that worked with no errors.
    Then using web browser run amember/index.php - server 500 error.
  4. mherbold

mherbold New Member

If I may venture a guess -

Since you only have one download link for the Zend trial version I am assuming that you had the files encoded using Zend Guard for PHP 5.2. This is not compatible with PHP 5.3 - you would have to use Zend Guard 5.5 and encode specifically for PHP 5.3 in order for people running PHP 5.3 to successfully use your Zend encrypted files. In essence, you would need two download links - one for PHP 5.2 and one for PHP 5.3 because the encrypted PHP files for 5.2 isn't compatible with PHP 5.3.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

mherbold,
    Yes it seems your right and zend encoded files are not compatible with php 5.3 ZendOptimizer.
    Try to use IonCube encoded trial version instead.
    Also, this is valid for Trial Download only, aMember PRO do not require ZO or IonCube anymore.