Personalized User Pages & Record Submission/Search

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by hilla, Jun 12, 2013.

1. hilla

hilla New Member

I am playing with the trial, but still not sure if aMember will allow a few certain things I’m looking for.

1. 1. When a member logs in, they are taken to sitename.com/member. I cannot see the actual code to this page to see how the information is generated, but can I edit the code here to show my own design AND to show information specific to that user? I see links to payments history, subscriptions, etc… could I add a link in this navigation called "Your Entries" and have it display records THAT user has entered into a database.
    2. Second, is it possible to create a form and use PHP & SQL to " insert into ENTRIES set username="AMEMBER USERNAME", date_entered="'.$date.'", place="'.$_POST["place"].'", comments="'.$_POST["comments"].'"; "
    My question is can I assign the amember username to a variable and have it post to a database so that when they use the new "Your Entries" link on the /member page I can have it " Select * from ENTRIES where username="AMEMBER USERNAME" "

OR, is there a plugin that already does this? Basically, what I want to have is a protected area where members can add records/entries to a database by using a form, then be able to see and delete the records they have entered.
    Other users would be able to search that same database for certain criteria, like "Where place='Iowa'"

I know how to code this with PHP and MySQL to add to and delete from database tables, but my question is, can I call out a certain user in my PHP code, and attach their username to a record.

Also, is it possible for a member to simply send a message to another member? If not, is there a plugin for this?

Thanks for any help and suggestions on this!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member