Pending Invoice Notifications

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paycum, Nov 5, 2014.

1. paycum

paycum New Member

Hello,

I want to send an automatic email if customers have not completed their payments. I see there is an option called "Pending Invoice Notifications" but this doesnt work well.

The problem is that when a user tries to pay multiple times he creates multiple pending invoices. If that customer completes one of those payments he still has a lot of pending invoices in his account.

So when you use "Pending Invoice Notifications" then although this customer has already payed he still receives an email saying his invoice is still on pending. This causes a lot of confusion to my members.

Secondly if you have many products in your amember and use combined products as well the "Pending Invoice Notifications" also doesnt work. So for example if you have product a b and c where c is a combination membership of product a+b.

If a customer signs up for product a and then changes his mind and signs up and completes payment for product c. Then he will have an active membership for product c and a pending invoice for product a. If you now use the "Pending Invoice Notifications" this user will get an email while offcourse i dont want to send him one as he already has a membership.

So basically this "Pending Invoice Notifications" option needs to be extended with:
    - check if user already has a active membership for x product. if yes dont send email. Offcourse it would be nice if you can select/deselect multiple products.

cheers

Robin
  2. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

We have the same question for #1 above about a person with multiple invoices who ultimately buys the product and we don't want that person receiving notices from the pending invoices.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Latest version of aMember has workaround for point 1 and aMember do not send pending notification if user purchase same product with second attempt within short time period.