PDF invoices in Japanese wont print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by frtyu, Sep 17, 2013.

1. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Hi,

i made a custom japanese language file but seems like generated PDF invoices wont print any japanese at all. Instead i get a blank space. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.
  2. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Help please? I just found out it wont print words in any language with special characters, such as Chinese, Russian, etc.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Pdf specification states that all PDF readers (software) should support several defined fonts so each PDF document do not include font data to file itself. By default aMember use such font to print invoice to reduce PDF file size. Unfortunately these fonts on your computer can not include glyphs for japanese language (I think you use english interface on your computer where you view PDF invoice).

aMember allow you to upload custom font (Advanced section in PDF invoice configuration) but this font will be included to file and size will be bigger. You can upload font with glyphs for japanese language. (Any font that can show such chars)

Best Regards.
  4. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Hi,

no, in fact as weird as it sounds i use a Japanese OS so i should be able to see any Japanese characters. Thats why im concerned. I cant find the advanced section for the PDF invoice. Where is supposed to be?

Thank you.
  5. caesar

What is version of aMember you use? You should be able to find these settings at aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Pdf Invoice (Advanced) You may need to expand this section (click on it), it is collapsed by default.
  6. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Hi, my version is 4.2.9.
  7. caesar

This feature was included later. So you need to upgrade your installation to be able to upload custom font files for PDF invoice.
  8. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Thank you. I upgraded to the latest version and now all the characters are displayed properly on the invoice. However, with the upgrade now i got a new problem. On the member edit page now its not possible to edit the member state (the field below country) because i select a state and then press "save", but when i come back to the member edit page the field is empty again.

Seems like the statue value is not being sent properly to the database. As you know all states values are something like JP-01, JP-02 and so on. I tested and everything but the number of the value (in this case "JP-") is going through so no matter what state you select, the database will always be updated with JP- as the value, without the number that defines the state. How can i fix that?

Thank you.
  9. caesar

I tested change state feature on my local installation and it works correctly. So I think it can be some issue with your installation. Please contact us in helpdesk we will find out what can cause this issue and fix it.
  10. frtyu

frtyu New Member

Did you test it with Japanese states too? I tested with other countries and works fine but not with Japan.