PDF Certificate for aMember now available

Discussion in '3rd Party Addons' started by robw, Jun 14, 2012.

1. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

NOTE: Now updated for aMember v6

I've just released a PDF Certificate creating plugin for aMember v4. It's perfect for membership sites wishing to offer a certificate of membership or perhaps a course completion certificate.

The PDF Certificate plugin for aMember lets your members download a PDF Certificate personalised with their name, an expiry date and even one of your custom fields.

Just think how many times over this plugin will save you money on printing and postage of membership certificates, not to mention your valuable time!

For more information and ordering, visit my PDF Certificate for aMember page.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. hhubbers01

hhubbers01 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Rob

I have just purchased your PDF Certificate Plugin.

I have been trying for the last 2-hours to try and get the PDF Certificate Plugin to work, but no luck.

I am running aMember v4.2.9.

Can you please help me.

Regards,
    Hugh
  3. hhubbers01

4. hhubbers01

I keep getting the same error... "An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details"
  5. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hugh - please JUST direct all support requests to me via my website - I don't check the aMember forum on a regular basis.

Also, please note that I am in the GMT timezone, and whilst I endeavour to answer support queries extremely promptly (as my customers will testify), I do have to sleep... so waking up to see more than 8 notifications in a space of a couple of hours is just not reasonable.

I have emailed you with next steps.
    Rob
  6. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Noting this on the forum in case it is useful to others...

The internal error logged was "Cross-reference streams are not supported yet" - this happens if the PDF certificate template used is in PDF version 1.5 or higher.

The PDF engine used by aMember requires PDF templates to be in PDF version 1.4 or lower (Acrobat v5). This not only applies to my PDF certificate plugin, but also to the main aMember invoice PDF.
  7. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.2 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • Two more custom fields (so 3 in total can be used)
    • Select type custom fields will output the human readable LABEL, rather than the database VALUE
    Cheers
    Rob
  8. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.3 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • State custom field now outputs human friendly title, not ISO code.
    • Added alignment options (Left/Centre/Right) for field placement
    Cheers
    Rob
  9. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.5 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • Option to email certificate to member on order
    • Customisable email subject / body
    Cheers
    Rob
  10. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.6 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release fixes a potential conflict with certain payment plugins when using email on order option.​

Cheers​
    Rob​
  11. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.7 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • Option to upload custom regular/bold font (useful for fancy certificates and languages using non-latin characters)
    • Fields can select either regular/bold font
    Cheers
    Rob
  12. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 1.8 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • Option to email certificates to admin (useful for certificates which are sent out by mail)
    • Option to hide download link (to support option above)
    • Email routine made more resilient
    Cheers
    Rob
  13. nirmal_tailor

nirmal_tailor New Member

Hello Rob,

I have another problem with font family

I wrote the code:
    $fontPath = getcwd().'/application/default/views/public/font/arial.ttf';
    $page->setFont(Zend_Pdf_Font::fontWithName(Zend_Pdf_Font::fontWithPath($fontPath)), 20);

It is not working.

Thanks,
    Nirmal Tailor
  14. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hi Nirmal,

You are not one of my customers, and I'm any event I do not provide support for modifications.

I already answered one of your queries privately as a courtesy, please contact amember support for help or post your questions in the general forum.

Cheers
    Rob
  15. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Hi Rob,

as your happy Customer of the Certificate Plugin I have a little Problem with german Umlauts like Ä, Ö, Ü.

Some of my Clients have these Letters in their Names and the Plugin doesn't show them correctly. Any Idea?

Cheers,
    George
  16. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hi George,

v1.7+ of the plugin handles text as UTF-8, so should support German characters just fine - assuming the font you are using also has these characters.

So you may need to use a custom font that supports the characters your members use most.

Cheers
    Rob
  17. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Thanks Rob, I will install the new Version.
  18. nirmal_tailor

nirmal_tailor New Member

Dear Rob,

How can you say that I'm not your customer. If I'm not your customer then how can request with your code base sample.

I'm doing this task for one of my client and that client is your customer. On behalf of of him I'm contacting to you. He is not technical and he need some changes in font that's why I wrote to you.

Please reply.

Thanks,
    Nirmal Tailor
  19. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Nirmal,

As I said before, I do not support customisation or modifications to the plugins - so suggest you look at the Zend PDF documentation.

If your customer needs other support, they can contact me via link below and I will verify the email against my customer database to ensure they are a current customer. I happily accept suggestions for enhancements and may include them in a future version.

Thanks for your understanding
    Rob
  20. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Version 2.1 of the PDF Certificate plugin for aMember released today. This release adds:
    • Option to override expiry date with your own fixed or relative date (e.g. 'last day of next month')
    • Option format custom field output (e.g. padding membership id with leading zeros)
    • Updated for aMember 5.x
    IMPORTANT: aMember 5 is a major release that contains breaking changes so this version is REQUIRED if you upgrade to aMember 5.x. Older versions of this plugin will NOT work with aMember 5

Cheers
    Rob

Ps - I'm still bundling the aMember 4 version (v1.9) during the transition to aMember v5