PayPal use with 2 php scripts

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by ibar, May 14, 2009.

1. ibar

ibar New Member

Hi I am using Paypal Website Payments Standard for a php script that runs on my webserver where I have set up its IPN and Return address.
    On the same server I run aMember Pro. Can I use tha same paypal account for it? What about the IPN and Return addresses? I cant set them 2 times in the same paypal account.

I read in http://manual.amember.com/PayPal_Standart_Plugin_Configuration that:

1. Auto Return for Website Payments - keep empty or keep default value
    2. It is not required to change IPN URL in your account if you have it already entered (from another script, for example). It does not make matter which IPN URL is entered, it is only required that IPN is enabled in PayPal account. aMember will anyway pass IPN URL with each payment request, and PayPal will use given URL (it overrides setting in PayPal account).

So is IPN qoing to work like this?

Thanks a lot
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Autoreturn may not be working, so I think you should add the amember thanks page.

You need to put in the amember IPN for paypal, in paypal.

David
  3. ibar

ibar New Member

So what is the meaning of this:
    "It is not required to change IPN URL in your account if you have it already entered (from another script, for example). It does not make matter which IPN URL is entered, it is only required that IPN is enabled in PayPal account. aMember will anyway pass IPN URL with each payment request, and PayPal will use given URL (it overrides setting in PayPal account)."

Its from aMember's Manual!
  4. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

Hi ibar,

Yes, it is not required to change IPN in PayPal because it is not used by aMember/PayPal integration. Nonetheless, be sure to turn it on (set it for one of your websites) in PayPal.

Lee
  5. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

paypal auto return

Ok, so the IPN is handled correctly.

But how about the return URL? I have multiple websites and paypal only allows 1 account per company - so only 1 return URL... When I check the amember manual about setting up paypal, it says to use blank or default. However, with the current Paypal settings there's no 'blank' of 'default' setting, URL auto return is eiter 'on' or 'off' and the return URL has to contain a value if it's turned on.

So how can I auto return my customers from paypal to the correct website?