Paypal, Refunds & Member's access

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tamitaylor, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

When I do a partial refund in paypal - usually because the user forgot to use a coupon code - it is removing their access to the product. I have to then go in and manually add them (before one of the upgrades it did not do this) - I understand if I fully refunded the funds I'd love if it did this; so I get why it's making refunds remove access. I just need it not to when I'm doing partial refunds.

I'm just wondering if anyone who knows amember or paypal better knows of a way I can give partial refunds and have it still linked to the transaction in paypal (for when i run reports in paypal) and not create the removal of access in amember?

Thanks for any help.
  2. shotoshi

shotoshi Member

Personally, I wouldn't give refunds if users forgot to use the code. Can you imagine if bought something online from a large store and then asked them for a partial refund because I forgot to use a coupon?

Can you imagine where they'd tell me to go (in a nice polite customer services kinda way of course) ;)
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I understand we aren't the norm but we win on customer service. Plus we have a money back guarantee so I'd rather partially refund and make them happy then have them exercise the money back guarantee :)
  4. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

ps. I meant win against our competition - that wasn't towards you. Sorry. We just have a lot of competition as does everyone else - so that's all i meant.
  5. shotoshi

shotoshi Member

No problem, I understood exactly what you meant.

Yes, we have competitors also and our remit is to win on the user experience of our site. Although we don't yet use AM we are hoping to as it also will aid us on the customer service aspect.
  6. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

AM is definitely an advantage. I work on two other sites owned by another person in the same industry (different product but same industry) and she uses wishlist and seeing both sides is an eye opener on how lucky I was to be directed to AM when setting up my site
  7. robhanna

robhanna New Member

Was this ever answered? I am having the same issue. I would prefer AM did NOT revoke access when I issue a partial refund.

Thanks!
    Rob
  8. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

No it was never answered.
  9. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I never put a help ticket in which is the best way to get an answer, FYI
  10. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

This is probably an important improvement to the core script- im gonna put in a bug tracker request for this.

In the meantime- you can manually add a payment to the members account to allow them access.

David