PayPal Pro and Recurring Payments

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ak48avk, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I have already posted this in the V4 forum. I apologise if that was the wrong place for this question.​

I'm looking to upgrade from Standard to Pro. I gather Recurring Payments is an add-on to PayPal Pro.​

Is aMember setup to process recurring payments using debit/credit cards with PayPal Pro as well as one-off payments?​

Should I anticipate any problems changing from Standard to Pro? My setup works so well under PayPal Standard but I have many customers who I think would join if they could do it with their card.​

Advice would be much appreciated.​

ps I'm UK based. I am in fact having issues upgrading to Pro on the PayPal site (keep getting 'web page not found' when I apply - PayPal are looking into it) - is it because I have recurring payments on my PayPal Standard Account?​
  2. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I am continuing to look into upgrading from PayPal Standard to Pro. There are two options Website Pro and Website Pro Hosted. Website Pro Hosted seems to do the same as Authorize.net in that you do not need to be PCI Compliant as the financial info is held by PayPal. Is this new? Can I do Website Pro Hosted with aMember? I'm not sure if I want the complication of PCI Compliance but I do want to take credit/debit cards.

This must be an issue that interests members. Please may I have some advice on this?

ps Just discovered the announcement on the aMember page about Authorize.net and Moolah. So is this the way forward? It seems to do what PayPal Pro Hosted is doing. Will there be an amember plugin for the PayPal version?
  3. jantebont

jantebont New Member