Paypal Ipn Support Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Dave, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Dave

Dave Guest

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying you script for a new web service.

Customers would have the option of buying individual reports as a digital fle/download and there would be a subscription option for those that want it.

From what I understand is that you can offer both types of products: membership for a one-time fee and membership with recuring payments.

Is this correct?

Also, a lot of my business will be done through ebaY... will people who win my auction be able to establish an account and get a membership immeditaely using the PayPal IPN feature?? (if they pay with PayPal)

WHat if I have 100 products and I wnat each of them to get the correct access afetr payment through an auction? Would that work too?

Right now I'm using E*Portal and they allow me to enter my digital products, but in order for my ebaY customers to get immediate access I have to change the Item# in my EWPortal control panel each time I renew the auction (because ebay assigns a new number to each new auction).

I hope I made that clear... it's not as complicated as it sounds, but I have not found a solution to this problem yet.

Thank you for your time :)

-Dave
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, aMember Pro can handle both recurring and not-recurring subscriptions.

aMember is not developed to handle 100 products, but it is possible. I think we will find out better solution with you later.
    Usually nobody needs 100 products....

Bad news is that aMember doesn't handle auction payments at all.
  3. monsoon

monsoon Guest

But what about IPN, does aMember support it?
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Sure, it does support IPN for subscription and single-item payments.
    But user signup must be made via aMember signup form to be handled.
  5. intrud0r

intrud0r Guest

My company will be selling services and products. Our onlien store will have up to 100 products or more in good time. Whne will you have further features to allow users to sell more than 100 products/services?
  6. abbeyvet

abbeyvet New Member

aMember is not a shopping cart - so it is not suitable for selling physical products or goods. As used in the docs and in referring to the script, selling a 'product' refers to the sale of access to one or more directories and their content.

I have in excess of 80 different 'products' in an aMember installation without any problems. I would not expect any problems with even more.
  7. intrud0r

intrud0r Guest

I need a shopping cart system and this would be perfect as well since it is so nicely organized with expansions available. Can it be used as one as well?
  8. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

intrud0r,
    I'm going to implement shopping cart functionality, but we have no estimate for it, so I don't want to keep you wating, as it will take time.