PayPal Affiliate Payout when PayPal is not the Payment Processor?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lintfilms, Jul 23, 2012.

1. lintfilms

lintfilms New Member

The site I am contemplating developing could not use PayPal as it's Payment Processor for the purposes of processing Credit Card Orders because the services of the site are not on PayPal's approved transaction list for sellers pursuant to their current acceptable use policy, so I will likely need to use a different processor to take orders on the website.

However, the terms of the acceptable use policy and the other PayPal agreements do not appear to limit the business' ability to utilize their Mass Payment solution for Affiliate payouts.

I am wondering, as from the demo site it doesn't appear there is a method to set up paypal integration without using them as a payment processor, if there is a method for integrating with paypal solely for affiliate payouts to automate the payouts from the website.

I understand based on the documentation I have read that the current software should allow some time of CSV export that could be uploaded independent of such integration to paypal to process mass payments, but clearly an in product solution that automates this process would be more desirable.

Thanks for letting me know what the present state of affairs with the product is regarding these features and this dilemma.