Payflow integration

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by david_landry, Jul 15, 2014.

1. david_landry

david_landry New Member

I'm posting this thread to help people integrating with Paypal since it was a bit of an adventure for me discovering all thhose elements one at the time. Here's a complete guide that I hope will help others.

PayFlow plugins

This article describes the process of configuration of PayFlow Pro payment integration for aMember.

Note: The new PayPal Payments Pro (a.k.a. Website Payment Pro) is now integrated with PayFlow and the payflow plugin must be use within aMember. DO NOT use the paypal-pro plugin.

Create and Configure a Live Account
    - Follow all the instructions to set up your normal business PayPal account to use PayPal Payment Pro, including account verification, back account verification and signing up for PayPal Payment Pro. (This last step may take 24-48 hours for approval, and you have to wait to continue.)
    - I won't detailed the process to apply for PayPal Payment Pro since there are already tons of tutorial on the web.
    - Once you have PayPal Payment Pro and a PayPal Manager account, you must go into PayPal Manager and at the bottom of the Home page you must click Buy for Recurring billing. It should come at no extra fees but you may have to call PayPal to activate it.
    - Once Recurring Billing is activated, you need to call PayPal to active Reference transactions. This is required for the plugin to work.
    - In PayPal Manager, go to Account Administration->Manage Secutiry->Transaction Settings and ensure Allow reference transactions is set to yes.
    - In PayPal Manager, go to Account Administration->Payment Receiving Preferences and ensure Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold is set to No.

Configuring the aMember Pro PayFlow Pro plugin

- Login into your aMember Pro control panel.
    - Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> Plugins.
    - Enable cc module if it was not enabled before, click Save.
    - Enable payflow plugin in payments plugin list, click Save.
    - Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> PayFlow.
    - Copy/paste your PayPal Manager credentials (same info used when login into PayPal Manager or you can create a custom user, click Save. It is important to specify if it is Test account or not.

Note: While in test mode, you dont need a Sandbox account, you can simply check your result within PayPal Manager, go into the Reports and within a report select Test for Transaction Mode.

Note: If you are having errors, this link could be useful:
    http://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/...values_for_transaction_declines_or_errors.htm

Note: For refund, you will see a 1$ in the Amount field and this is normal as long as the Original Amount and the Original Transaction ID are accurate.
  2. david_landry

david_landry New Member

Still struggling with Paypal because of two issues:
    1. CAD amount are converted to USD for the second payment;
    2. 1$ refund amount doesn't seems to be right;

I've explore Stripe in the meantime and will switch with them (much simpler).

I'll post the Paypal solution once they find it.
  3. webguy22

webguy22 aMember Pro Customer

Regarding "- Copy/paste your PayPal Manager credentials (same info used when login into PayPal Manager or you can create a custom user, click Save.", not sure which goes where. The Payflow plugin wants:

Merchant Vendor Id (main username)
    Merchant User Id (of the API user, or the same as Vendor Id)

And Paypal has:
    Merchant Login
    User

Which goes where? Also, when I login to PayPal Manager, User is not required. So now I'm not sure what to enter for User as it relates to what the plugin wants.
  4. david_landry

david_landry New Member

Hi,
    It's been a while seen I've played with the Payflow plugin but if i remember correctly:
    - Merchant Vendor Id = Merchant Login;
    - Merchant User Id = Merchant Login or User if you created a specific user. By default, no user are created. It is optional for Paypal.
    Good luck!
  5. webguy22

webguy22 aMember Pro Customer

Thank you for the quick response. And confirmed PayPal Recurring Billing is active.

upload_2014-11-24_16-14-31.png

I had set the Payflow plugin values as you have suggested. And the PayPal settings are set as you described. But my transactions are still failing.

<invoice-log-item type="outgoing-request-response">
    <headers>
    <header name="connection">close</header>
    <header name="server">VPS-3.033.00</header>
    <header name="x-vps-request-id">60f2ae49e9d130f7d80b9eebb2adb974</header>
    <header name="date">Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:25:31 GMT</header>
    <header name="content-type">text/namevalue</header>
    <header name="content-length">43</header>
    </headers>
    <body><![CDATA[RESULT=1&RESPMSG=User authentication failed]]></body>
    </invoice-log-item>

ENCODED DETAILS:
    Array
    (
    [RESULT] = 1
    [RESPMSG] = User authentication failed
    )

Not sure why.

As a side note, I'm a bit concerned by the warming in the Payflow plugin setup:

WARNING! Every application processing credit card information, must be certified as PA-DSS compliant, and every website processing credit cards must be certified as PCI-DSS compliant.

aMember Pro is not yet certified as PA-DSS compliant. This plugins is provided solely for TESTING purproses Use it for anything else but testing at your own risk.

And this comment below:

This plugin does not store CC info in Amember database and to allow recurring payments it uses reference transactions.

Should I be concerned? Any thoughts about the User authentication failed?