'Pay with Coupon' option under 'Payment System'

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dlieske, May 2, 2013.

1. dlieske

dlieske New Member

Hey, I'd like to sell tickets (coupons) to my subscription website outside of the amember system (e.g. in an online shop and on conventions). Currently, when a user signs up for a subscription I'm offering the options "PayPal" and "Offline Payment". I would love to be able to add a third option "Pay with Coupon" for people that have purchased a coupon code and want to subscribe to the website using that code.

I offer only one product (a yearly subscription) and all my coupon codes cover 100% of the subscription fee. Currently I have to tell the customer to chose "Offline Payment" and enter the coupon code in the coupon field. This effectively activates the subscription immediately. However, it's a little bit awkward to communicate this procedure and it would be great to be able to simply have a third radio button which would be the obvious choice for anyone who wants to activate a subscription via a coupon.

I'm using amember 4.x. Is there a way to achieve what I'm trying to do via the CP? I've already experimented with adding fields but the problem is that I can't find a way to add an option to the "Payment System" field. Maybe it is possible to edit a template file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Why not just rename the 'Offline Payment' option 'Payment coupon'? (Just thinking outside the box!!)
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

You could simply add the coupon field to the standard checkout page (PayPal) and tell customers to use the coupon at checkout.