Pay first then sign up...any plugins for this?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by bizofhelpingyou, Oct 8, 2009.

1. bizofhelpingyou

bizofhelpingyou aMember Pro Customer

I want customers to be able to pay first and then let them create their amember account. Is there any type of plugin for this?

Thanks
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Not that I know of- what you can do is place the payment system ahead of the amember signup, then when payment is completed send them to the amember signup page to order a "free" lifetime product.

David
  3. bizofhelpingyou

bizofhelpingyou aMember Pro Customer

I appreciate the advice but my membership site would get raped if I did it that way :)

Do you think it's possible to have someone code this in or is it impossible?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This is possible as customization but depends on payment system that you will use.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Alex, a lot of people ask about this- which payment systems can it be done for?

David
  6. alexander

David,
    This is possible for payment systems that send IPN notifications to aMember and include info about user and payment details in notifications (for example paypal, clickbank etc..)
    However there will be some limitations. User will not create account after payment himself, it will be created automatically from IPN script, and user will receive login/password by mail.
    Anyway, this can't be done globaly for all payment systems and depends on exact setup.
  7. maksym

maksym New Member

2alex - can it be used with 2CO?
    Also, how will affiliate system will work in this situation? No changes?
  8. alexander

Yes this is possible to implement for 2CO.
    Affiliate programm still should work if user will go through aMember's affiliate link
  9. maksym

maksym New Member

2Alexander
    Thanks a lot.
    How can i do that? Is it somewhere some explanation?
  10. alexander

No there is no explanation, and solution is custom in each case. Customization of /amember/plugins/payment/twocheckout_r/twocheck_r.inc.php will be required.