Our Hosting Site

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by joe435, Aug 19, 2004.

1. joe435

joe435 New Member

We are a new site statleader.com and we are looking into using the member management software offered by cgi-central. Right now our server is hosted by yahoo-sbc and we are having a issue with the php/tester script. Here is a link to the site and the tester script. What assistance can you offer????
    http://statleader.com/tester.php
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately, it is imposible to run aMember Pro on Yahoo hosting.
  3. joe435

joe435 New Member

amember pro works on yahoo

Alex,

Actually I have amember pro up and working on our yahoo account. It did take me some time to figure out why it was not functioning the way that it should. But things look good. To make it work the account must have 3 things. First a tmp directory off of the root of there site. Then they need to have the php.ini's specified tmp directory for ioncube dynamic loader to work. Then you cannot use .ht files or any file that begins with a . so we are using php_include for the blocking of access to our site that is protected. If there is anything that we are doing wrong or if you need any further help please email me. johnb@statleader.com
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Well, according to your description, I would not recommend Yahoo hosting to anyone ;)
    Thank you very much for this information