Only users can procede to payament

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by lottoestrazioni, Dec 16, 2012.

1. lottoestrazioni

lottoestrazioni New Member

I have a question.
    How can I make proceed to purchase a particular product only to registered users?
    For example, if a user is not registered and click on "buy product", a page should appear to notify you that you have to register in order to purchase the product.

How can I do?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

1. Set up a product called something like "Registered User"
    2. Set up any additional products that requires the user to be a Registered User as follows:
      1. In the "Product Availability" panel towards the bottom of the "Edit Product" page look for the field ""To order this product user must have an" and set the drop down menu to ""ACTIVE subscription for Registered User"
      2. Then GoTo: Forms Editor -> And edit Signup Form. On the Product brick set "If product is not available because of require/disallow settings" to "Remove it From Signup Form".
  3. lottoestrazioni

I apologize for the delayed response. The procedure you described works perfectly except that when an unregistered user tries to buy a product, I would come out a page that warns that to buy this product must be registered. Alternatively, to display the pop up of default access / registration form.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Well.... This is the user interface challenge you have when you offer products that are conditional on the ownership of other products. I don't know how to make aMember launch the registration form instead of displaying the message.

But what happens when they can buy Product C after they have first bought Product A, and then Product B?... See how complicated this can get?

When thinking about the user's experience, you have several approaches. In your approach you are allowing them to click on things they can't buy and then trying to offer a solution. I personally prefer to not provide links to things they can't buy and use other techniques to educate them on the product offerings.

Here is an alternative approach to consider:
    1. On the "Product Brick" on the Signup Form choose "Remove it from the signup form" from the "If product is not available because of require/disallow settings" drop down menu. (then the user will not be offered products they can't buy)
    2. In the Registered User product description explain the additional products that are available once they register. You can even include a link to a detailed sales page that explains your product offering.
    3. On the top level menu link to a sales page that clearly explains you site's product offerings and the heirachy of product availability. Color coded tables that compare features is popular.
  5. lottoestrazioni

Thanks a lot, i've proceed for the second way. :D