Only 900 of 9,000 emails sent using amember

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by beejeebers, May 16, 2013.

1. beejeebers

beejeebers Member

Help!

Amember is timing out. It's sending 50 emails at a time, but only gets to 900 then logs out and I see the login screen.

I'm lost as to why it's doing this.

Help?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Maybe set the email queue system?
    What host are you on- they may only allow XXX an hour anyway.

David
  3. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

David, this is not the issue. I am having the same thing happen. I have about 15K members I email, and would like to email them more than I do now, however it times out after about 500-1500 messages, and we are sending using Amazon SES and our limits are 100K /24 hours so I know we are nowhere near that...

I have put in a support request, but their response tells me to look at my mail settings on my server, but using Amazon, we have no need for that. So, I am just not sure how to handle it. I would use a 3rd party, but I really like that I can easily segment the list and send to customers of each product, and do not want to have to mess with that with something like ArpReach etc.

We use Mailchimp for our newsletter, but again I do not want to have to figure out a way to segment the list out of amember.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, David....just purchased your product today, and looked for a video to see if one existed on setting up amember for optimal performance...like the php settings etc. I thought maybe it was the script execution time, but we moved that from 30s to 90s and still happens every time.

Thanks anyone!
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Thanks for signing up for the site!

I've primarily relied on my hosting company to handle optimization of the server. I'm not sure if a one size fits all setting suggestion will work as so many people use different hosts that have their own quirks.

I dont have a clear answer on your email problem, my guess is something on the server side is shutting down the script- I'd ask amember support and my host to help out and keep pushing till it gets resolved.

David