One Page Signup??

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by brown786, Apr 25, 2010.

1. brown786

brown786 New Member

Hey!

I was wondering how I could make a one page sign up page with the manual credit card payment module.

So I would like the option of client details (name, email etc.), shipping details (address etc.) and the credit card details (billing address, name, card, cvv etc.) on 1 page.

Is this possible? If so how??

Thank you very, very much!!
  2. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

What payment processor are you using?

And it is possible with some payment processors, but it's quite a bit of tweaking...
  3. brown786

brown786 New Member

Thanks for the reply!

I am using the 'manual credit card' payment processor where I manually bill the clients.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure possible with customization.
  5. brown786

brown786 New Member

I appreciate the re-assurance Alexander but I have moderate understanding of the code I just need a little guidance on where to go and what to add.
  6. alexander

Here is what you need to do in short:
    1. Modify signup.html template and add form from /amember/templates/cc/cc_info.html
    2. Modify signup.php and save all CC variables into session.
    3. Modify /amember/plugins/payment/cc_core/cc.php and restore variables from session if set at the top of the file.
    That's the simples way.
  7. maxpig

maxpig New Member

Single page signup regarding coupons

Alex,

Miso has done some amazing customizations to our aMember installation to include the payment information on the sign up page. This sign up process still has to post to a "review order" where the coupon is validated and applied. Eventually, I plan to remove this "review order" page and submit the order upon submission of the sign up page.

I have added a submit button beside the "coupon" field and post to the signup.php page itself to validate and apply the coupon.

I am not able to submit the form because I have placed the coupon field above the user and credit card fields, therefore the user and credit card fields do not get filled out before the coupon submit button is clicked. When I try to submit the form via the custom "Apply Coupon" button, the javascript validation stops the submission and displays messages below requiring that the user and billing info is filled out before the form is submitted.

In signup.php I plan on catching the form submission and checking if the coupon submit button was clicked. If so, I will validate and apply the coupon as well as display the appropriate coupon discount on the sign up page.

Could you shed some light in the direction I should take to allow for an "Apply Coupon" functionality to exist on the signup page?

I am an experienced php/html/js developer, but entirely new to smarty templates, which is where I feel my largest obstacle lies.
  8. maxpig

maxpig New Member

...or would you suggest adding coupons through variables in the url?

I could have jQuery link the Apply Coupon button to: ...signup.php?applycoupon=MyCouponCode

I could put logic in the signup.php for catching that variable in the url, parse it, and display the appropriate template html based on whether or not the coupon worked.
  9. alexander

Actually if the problem only in coupon validate call, you can use call to ajax.php?do=check_coupon&coupon=COUPONCODE
    it will return structure: msg=>'error message' errorCode => (1 if error, 0 if coupon can be applied)