Not redirecting to any Thanks Page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by adariat, Apr 4, 2014.

1. adariat

adariat Member

I can not get the registration of any products to go to the "Thanks" page - a default page or a custom redirect.
    I have the Thanks Redirect plugin installed.
    Anyone that registers is taken directly to the members page and not a thanks page.
    I have tried adding a URL to the product in the option to redirect thanks. I have tried leaving the URL option blank so it goes to the default thanks page.
    But I can not get it to go to a thanks page of any kind. It always goes to the Member page. Not a thanks page.
  2. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

I am also not sure how to do this. There are no instructions on how to even install or set up the Thanks Redirect Plugin on the site, and this is critical to my site as each product has different instructions for getting started. Can we please get a tutorial of some kind that shows us how to install/set up this plugin? This really should be native functionality...
  3. adariat

adariat Member

Can anyone help us here with the Thanks redirect page.
    After registration a visitor needs to be directed to the custom Thanks page using the redirect plugin. If I put in an absolute URL in the Thanks redirect plugin it doesn't work. If I leave the URL blank it doesn't go to any Thanks page at all not even a default one.
    Please direct to information or a tutorial on the Thanks redirect plugin please.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@adariat I believe there is some issue with your installation if does not see even standard thank you page. Please contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support/) and we will troubleshot this issue.

@dreamorigin you need to upload thanks-redirect.php file to amember/application/default/plugins/misc folder and then enable it at aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Plugins (Other Plugins). Then you will be able to set url of thank you page in product edit form. In latest versions this plugin is included by default you just need to enable it in admin interface.
  5. adariat

adariat Member

Yes. I have the Thanks Redirect Plugin enable. I also know where to put the url for the Thank you redirect page in the Product Form. But it doesn't redirect.

I'm using an absolute url to a Thanks page like this:
    http://members/application/default/themes/blank/thanks-free.phtml

There are also instructions in amember to use variables in the redirect url that I don't understand. It says:
    You can use %invoice.% and %user.% variables in url eg: %user.login%, %user.email%, %invoice.public_id% etc.

Do you mean I can use these variables in the URL or in the template?
  6. caesar

This url is incorrect. You can try to open it in browser. You need to set correct url (you should be able to open this url in browser) in settings in order to it works.

Regarding variables: you can use it in url, variables will be replace with actual value before redirect.
  7. adariat

adariat Member

If the signup does not have any payment method, in other words its a free product, does the thanks page redirect work? Does the thanks redirect work if there is no payment process? My products do not have payments and I can not get the thanks redirect to work. I was wondering if this is the reason why.

Also - even when I do have the correct url to the default amember thanks page I can not open the thanks page url directly in the browser. This url includes the website url/amemberfolder then "application/default/views/thanks.phtml" The page clearly exist in the ftp folder on the server but it does not open in the browser.
  8. caesar

Yes, it works for free signup as well. Files on your server and url is not same things. aMember uses virtual url and route all requests via index.php file.

You can set up your thank you page anyway outside of amember folder and then put its url in product settings.
  9. laoniu

laoniu New Member

If I leave the URL blank it doesn't go to any Thanks page at all not even a default one.

_____________________-
    Buy Aion kinah
  10. caesar