No admin access

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by peteshilling, Jul 14, 2009.

1. peteshilling

peteshilling New Member

when I log into my wordpress site with the admin user account and go to the /wp-admin directory, it doesnt let me edit or add posts. It just shows number of posts, comments and news boxes. When I manually type in wp-admin/edit.php or another admin page, it says I don't have sufficient permissions.

I've logged in with every account I know of, but none of them give me access. So I'm unable to edit or add any content on my site.

Is there any way to recover an admin account from outside of wordpress? I have phpmyadmin and ftp access. The blog is in an amember protected directory...could this be causing a conflict? Any help is appreciated...thank you!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sounds like you lost your admin...

You can add a new product in amember with admin privileges and add that product to a user in amember. Or you can reset your wordpress admin password- do a google search.

David
  3. peteshilling

peteshilling New Member

Yes, That worked! the admin account still doesn't have an administrator role, but I was able to assign an admin role to another user. Thank you!
  4. joshuaarmstrong

joshuaarmstrong New Member

Hi David,

Please i have this exact problem

i think i removed administrator from admin groups without full understanding, i do now as ive lost all admin privileges to my wp account

please assist as this is a production server and my backup is a day or two old,

i have tried resetting the admin password
    creating a new admin user with phpmyadmin and creating it to administrator by using wp_usermeta to apply administrator

I do now know how to do the add product then relay new admin privileges that way, a response is urgently appreciated

thank you so much
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

The advise above relates to the old aMember V3 and is irrelevant to you, assuming you are using latest V4 version of aMember.

By no admin access are you referring to aMember or Wordpress?