Newby- Import and other stuff

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by starlite, Nov 29, 2011.

1. starlite

starlite New Member

Hi,

I have inherited an old Adpass program with 5000 or so members non having been activated, (so who knows how many will still be interested?) and I was thinking of going to amember4.

1. Can I change the registration fields so they are the same as they are in Adpass, export to csv and then import to amember?

2. Also can the core currency be changed from US $

3. Can the CC demo be activated so it accepts real cards. (oscommerce for safety sends two emails to admin, one with the order which has the outer 8 CC numbers and another with the middle CC 8 numbers. Only the outer ones are kept in the db I believe encrypted.

4. Is it okay for the latest 5.3 php ?

Thank you.

oz
  2. boerner

boerner New Member

1. Dunno. Map the fields and do a straightforward mysql import with phpmyadmin, probably easier.

2. In amember? yes.

3. no idea

4. yes, min 5.2 required.

>> I was thinking of going to amember4.

Very good idea.

JMHO
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. There is an easy, WISYWIG import wizard. Just export data from your program to CSV and aMember will be able to figure this out.
    2. Yes.
    3. It is absolutely prohibited to send credit card information in unencrypted e-mails. Just choose a payment processor from the list http://www.amember.com/paysystems.php and you do not need to ask for credit card info on your website - it is really complicated to do it correctly and comply to all regulations.
    4. Yes, it works even with PHP 5.3 strict standards mode.
  4. starlite

starlite New Member

Thank you guys.

What about a payment option to call a phone number to give CC info that way?
    We have this is some oscom shops.

Thanks

oz
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is possible. There is an "offline" payment method in aMember.

You can enable it and give customer any instructions (you just type text into a field, and it is then displayed to a customer).
    Then you bill customer somehow, and mark payment as paid in aMember. User will immediately receive welcome e-mail and access to protected content.
  6. starlite

starlite New Member

Thank you