Newbie Question/How to setup a online video course

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by amorgeddon, Nov 15, 2011.

1. amorgeddon

amorgeddon New Member

Hi there

So i am new to this stuff. I want to set up a video online course for my customers.
    In the helpfiles i find nothing on how to die it?
    Set up the software and now i am clueles. Is there getting startet guide.

Can i do it by myself- i am a coach not a webdesigner or programmer- i thought the whole thing would be a little more intuitive like the setup progress for example.

cheers max.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

There is no special setup for video content yet (will add it soon). Do you have video courses already available online and only need to protect it, or do you want to setup it from scratch?

Also, how many videos do you want to share, and what is average size of video in megabytes?

Feel free to contact me personally at alex@cgi-central.net. I am interested to work with you personally to develop an easy-to-use video sharing solution. It will not take long time.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Simple method:
    1) Install and setup amember
    2) create a directory to store the videos (are the videos mp4 etc, do you have an html/flash file to play them?)
    3) create a product in amember to sell the videos- link to the videos in the product
    4) protect the stored directory with amember folder protection

David
  4. alex

I have just developed a specialized solution to host video files in aMember v4. It works in 2 modes:
    - can serve a protected page with protected video;
    - it gives you a small piece of javascript code that you may insert literally anywhere - even to HTML file, and it will display video to logged-in customer, or error message box (in the same size) for not-logged-in customers.

Right now it is based on flowplayer, but can work literally with any videoplayer.

If someone is interested to beta-test it, just let me know.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sounds cool.
    How about the option to play a non-member video if not logged in, and a not-proper level video if logged in but of wrong level?

David
  6. alex

Cool idea. Could you submit it to bug tracker? We will be doing it for sure.