New to amember

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by digerat, Aug 1, 2008.

1. digerat

digerat New Member

I'm a web developer who mainly builds and maintains in Dreamweaver, and i do graphics as well.

One of my new clients (who has a website already not by me) wants to integrate amember into her site, as well as send out an email blast to her database, she does not know how to do it herself. My question on the latter, I have not had hands-on experience with amember and would like to know how much expertise i need to alreaedy have in order to fulfill her wish to send out this one time-sensitive email blast to her database. Am i required to be a rocket scientist? I want to be able to help her but she only has a few days before her deadline. I have the time but no access as of yet to anything until i tell hger yes i can,k or no i cannot. WHAT ARE THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS TO AT LEAST HELP HER WITH THE TASK? (not yelling, just emphasizing what i think my main questin is.) Thanks.
    :confused:
  2. getresults

getresults Member

There's not enough information to answer your question.

What software does your client use now? i.e.: what database are her customers in? Does that software offer an email users feature that she could use to email her customers?

If not, then the existing database may need to be exported and imported into something else, possibly amember, that can do a mailout.

What does she want integrating amember into her site to achieve?

Protection for content?
    Payment processing?

If the latter, are products one off products or subscription based?

Given you're on a such a short timeframe I would suggest that you will want to try and hire someone to do this rather than learn amember and get it all done from scratch yourself.