New Problem w/ 1ShoppingCart before aMember

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by chad_bps, Nov 4, 2013.

1. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

All of the sudden (starting Thursday afternoon), 1SC's communication with my installation of aMember has stopped.

I am using aMember 4. This system had been working well and relatively flawlessly for over a year now.

Then on the afternoon of Oct. 31st, aMember stopped receiving purchase notifications from 1SC. 1SC's tech support says there's a problem on my end, which is their standard answer and they may be right, but here's what I know.

If I look at the aMember Invoice logs up until that point, I can see 4 entries for each purchase. After that point, there are zero entries. There are also no new entries in the Errors logs.

If I simply point my browser to the api notification url (http://www.mywebsite.com/amember4/payment/1shoppingcart/api), I do get entries in both the Invoice log and the Errors log, as expected. So I know the logging is working.

I've gone back through the 1SC before aMember setup instructions and confirmed that I have the setting right.

Has anyone else had this problem? And ideas?

Thank you!
  2. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

New information: 1SC now tells me that my server is giving this response: “The remote server returned an error: (406) Not Acceptable.”

I've been reseraching this on the web, but so far I have no idea how to test this to see what the problem might be. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Chad,
    This error usually triggered by security modules like mod_security which you hosting may have installed.
    In this case you should see additional description on this error in your server's error_log.
    For example mod_security doesn't allow requests with empty User Agent by default.
  4. boernerrha

boernerrha aMember Pro Customer

I am having this same problem. We need a solution that doesn't involve turning off mod_security.
  5. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

boernerrha,

Sorry I didn't post a resolution. It turns out that this was an issue on my hosting provider, and mod_security was blocking the request from 1SC. This took a long time to figure out because the tech support at HostMonster gave me some mistaken information at first. However, on a second go-round with them, I gave them 1SC's IP address that was sending the requests, they found how mod_security was blocking it and they whitelisted the request. It took about 5 minutes on the phone.

I want to add that 1SC's tech support went above and beyond the call of duty to help me even though the problem was not on their side.