New members not getting signed up for MailChimp list

Discussion in 'Integration' started by sam_potasznik, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam_potasznik

sam_potasznik New Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting new users signed up for an existing MailChimp list. I have an existing MailChimp list all set up, and I believe I have it integrated with aMember, but it does not sign up new aMember subscribers to the MailChimp list even when they have the "Subscribe to newsletters" box checked on the signup page.

Here's my signup page:
    SignupWithEmail.PNG

and here's the resulting user page with NO newsletter value set. When I check on MailChimp, the user is not there, either:

NewUserNoNewsletter.PNG

I can however, get the user added to the newsletter if I manually change that value on the page above. But that's not feasible for all new users. I want them to sign up for the newsletter from the signup page. Am I misunderstanding how the MailChimp integration actually works? Thanks!

Newsletter Records.PNG
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

First of all your question looks like article for wiki (How to setup newsletter). It is very professional! I like it.

You just missed one last point. You need to define access permission for your list. So please edit your mail list in admin interface (action edit on last screenshot) and set up access Permission for it. It should fix your issue.

access-perm.png

Best Regards.,
    sam_potasznik likes this.
  3. sam_potasznik

sam_potasznik New Member

Thanks, Caesar. It works!

I'd suggest adding a message to that Edit Newsletter Record to alert the user that they need to have an access permission selected. I had the record set up w/no access level selected and was unaware that anything was missing. Not a big deal, but may help future aMember users!

Thanks again for the quick response,
    Sam
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You are welcome! Thank you for your suggestion!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.