New fields??

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by pewe, Dec 12, 2004.

1. pewe

pewe Guest

Forgive me but am I missing something?

I wanted to add some new fields to the signup form.
    In the user guide it shows examples of doing this by adding information to config.inc.php

However this file does not contain any information relating to fields, but there are some add_member fields in the file member.inc.php - so I added them there.

Now when I go to the users section in the admin CP I get this message
    Are there some other changes that need to be made to other files to add signup form fields that I am missing?

Can anyone explain this or what exactly needs doing?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Sorry, but user guide is suggesting to use aMember Cp -> Add Filds menu to add fields. Am I wrong?
  3. pewe

pewe Guest

In the user guide in the 'Customization - New Fields' section it says:
    For 2. above it does not explain how to use the fields added in the CP, and in 3. it refers to the config.inc.php as mention in my original post.

Possibly adding new fields in the CP is an easier way of doing it if it explained what to do with the new fields once they are added.

Or is there some other information about this that I am missing?
  4. alex

What do you need to do with added fields?
  5. pewe

pewe Guest

I want to add a company field and telephone field to the signup form and show it in the members details in the admin cp when browsing users
  6. alex

Just add it using aMember CP -> Add Fields, and it will happen automatically.
  7. brindhahoney

brindhahoney New Member

Add additional fields in signup page

how to add additional fields in sign up page? i know the extra fields are placed in /amember/templates/add_field.inc.html but it does not work. pls anybody help me it's urgent.

Thanks,
    Brindha.A