New Field in Payment Table

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by webdizzy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. webdizzy

webdizzy Guest

I'm using aMember for a site where users can purchase a subscription for listing an item in a directory. I want them to be able to purchase more than one listing subscription -- one for each product they want to list. In order to manage more than one of the same product and for the user to be able to cancel one individually, we need to be able differentiate between them. To do this, I needed to add a new field to the payment history table. I've added the appropriate line to the config.inc.php file as instructed by alex through the support ticketing system, and it IS showing up on the signup form. Also, when I did a test sign-up, the entered data in the new field shows up in the "Edit Payment/Subscription" screen of the Admin area. Now I need that field to show on the member page, in the payment history table, with it populated by the data entered at signup. Alex hasn't gotten back to me so I thought I'd see if anyone reading this might know. This is holding up a large project.

Also, how can a user enter that data for new subscriptions after the first one? The "Add/Renew Subscriptions" button goes directly to PayPal so there's no way for them to enter data for the new field. If I try signing up again from the signup page with the same email address, the script tells you to login to your current account to signup for another subscription.

Any help greatly appreciated and you'll get many thanks with a cherry on top!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I don't understand why this discussion is moved out from trouble ticket system? Is there any issues with trouble tickets system?
  3. alex

It is just because another staff member answered your question, and it is better if problem will be completely resolved with his help.
  4. webdizzy

webdizzy Guest

I put it in this forum to see if I could get help from another user of aMember. It was taking too long through the trouble ticket. This issue is holding up a large project.
  5. alex

It is better to submit a new trouble ticket in case of delay. OK, answer to your question is:

edit template amember/templates/member.html
    into renewal form, add a field like:
    <input type=text name=field_name size=10>

you may see example here:
    http://cgi-central.net/amember/member.php
    "domain" field is also a field added to payments table.
  6. webdizzy

webdizzy Guest

That only adds a blank text field. I need the field to be populated by the data entered by users when they sign-up. I also need them to be able to enter unique data in this field for each subscription. Right now, it looks like it can only be done during the first sign-up.

I can't see your example because I haven't purchased the script yet and therefore can't get access.
  7. alex

Sorry, could you please describe your task in business, not in technical terms. I just need to know what to do and why it is necessary.
  8. webdizzy

webdizzy Guest

Business vs. Technical?

Thanks anyway, I already got the problem solved through the support ticket.