New EU VAT regulations, January 1st 2015

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ntc69, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ntc69

ntc69 aMember Pro Customer

What are aMember users doing about the new EU VAT-collection regulations that come into force on January 1st? I was surprised to see this not already being discussed here.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Where did you look as sure someone posted about it within the past couple of weeks?
  3. thomasfals

thomasfals aMember Pro Customer

It's available in the latest upgrade 4.5.0. I have been in talks with the team for weeks on the subject.
  4. ntc69

ntc69 aMember Pro Customer

When will that be out, Announcement forum is showing 4.4.4 as the latest.
  5. thomasfals

thomasfals aMember Pro Customer

It's available in Amember directly or log in to your account and go to downloads.
  6. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

Thanks for your work on this, Thomas! What does the new version actually do to help with the new VAT? Store location records? Export data about customers and locations ready to import into VAT-MOSS? Is there a features list for this version?

Currently I'm planning on avoiding this by using 3rd party platforms that handle VAT for those products that aren't exempt. Is there a list somewhere of which Amember-integrated payment providers become the 'vendor of record' and handle VAT? (I know Avangate and Fastspring do, and Clickbank. Any others?)
  7. ruthlp

ruthlp New Member

I am so glad to hear this has been worked on. I will go look for the update now. Thank you so much! I was panicking as I had heard nothing about this.

What is everyone doing about memberships they already have running, however?