New Affiliate Section - First Reactions

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by sand858, Oct 2, 2004.

1. sand858

sand858 Guest

Just upgraded to 2.3.1 to take a look at the Affiliate options, and while they are nice, I'm not sure it's going to be flexible enough for my needs. I don't want this to sound like a complaining post, but I did want to find out if anyone else echoed my needs.

Is this supposed to be a flexible affiliate solution? If not, then I guess that's the end of this discussion. Is it intended to become one? If so, then I'd like to elaborate on features that I think everyone would like to see (I'd even be willing to pay for these features):

1) As I see it there are two distinct categories of referral: Partners and membership referals. I need to be able to customize an affiliate system for each partner, but a blanket affiliate system like the current one would do for the membership referrals (although if I can customize partners, customizing membership based referral plans would be nice too).
    2) For each partner I would want to be able to set up a different system. Most importantly, I'd like to negotiate a 10% commission structure with partner A, and a 15% commision with partner B. For partner C, maybe, I just want to give him $5 a referral.
    3) I'd like a reporting system that tracked the income to each partner, and then gave me some generalized data on the membership reporting.

I'm well aware that the only response to this post may be "Get a third party affiliate program", which is fine, but I did want to say what I thought would make a very useful affiliate system.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, current version of afffiliate program is very simple. We don't plan to extend it at a lot, at least in meantime, because current aMember core has serious limitations.
    Anyway, I appreciate your suggestion, we will take it.
  3. regan

regan New Member

4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Nigel,
    there is no easy workaround for this. BTW, do you have ideas how to resolve this? I'm not sure how to make multi-currency really useful.
  5. yatesf

yatesf Guest

Nigel, I'm glad you at least shared your method of handling multi-currency, cuz that is the best way I've seen yet. Was kinda floundering around how to do this, but at least your solution is better than reflecting everything as the default currency
  6. ranjanb

ranjanb New Member

Affiliate scheme - needs

My needs for an affiliate system are exactly the same as that of the first poster on this thread.

Whil the vast majority of affiliates will be paid the standard rate, most will only refer a handful of members.

80% of my referred members will come from around 6 affiliates who are 'partners' and with whom I have individual arrangements.

I know this isn't in the package, 1) is it possible to achieve this with a 3rd party package, 2) Has anyone used one with amember which they can recommend?

Regards

Ranjan
  7. darren_s2

darren_s2 New Member

I have yet to really try it out. I can setup everything fine until i go to add a banner. I enter the information and hit submit - after a few minutes i just get a download popup asking to download a .php file. Weird lol.