Need To Use With Vbulletin And Members Only Area

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by thunderbirdforum.com, Jan 11, 2004.

1. We are using Vbulletin v2.3.4. We are also using a seperate program called advance password protection that allows people to access a members only area.

We'd like to make the forums for paying users only and use the same database to access the members only area of our site.

Does your software do this?
  2. jasondavis

jasondavis New Member

you just need amember pro + forum plugin
    you wont need your advance password protection program anymore
  3. Can I export the data from my access 2000 database?
  4. Can I export the data from my access 2000 database? [/quote]
    Also, where is this "forum plugin" and is it free?
  5. ats

ats New Member

I have used amember pro with vbulletin for member only purposes. It works flawlessly.

Do you plan on having your current members pay to gain access, or are you going to only have future members pay?

I am not sure about exporting from access 2000, however you could just install amember pro with forum plugin, then have your current members sign up while amember is in the FREE mode, then take free mode off of amember, and start charging.

It is pretty easy, and if you dont have over 1,000 members it would not take long. Anyone that possibly misses out, you can manually add them in seconds.

Anyways, Alex can probably share some more light on this subject..

If you have any other questions, I will help if I have the answers...

Jasondavis is right, your other password script will be obsolete when using amember pro. Amember pro is an all-in-one solution. It will make your life 50 times easier when operating your site.
  6. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Can I export the data from my access 2000 database? [/quote]
    Also, where is this "forum plugin" and is it free? [/quote]
    You may order
    aMember Pro ........................ $99.95
    vBulletin integration plugin ... $40
    -------------------------------------------
    TOTAL .................................. $139.95

It is available on the order page : http://cgi-central.net/amember/signup.php

You can export data from your MS Access database to text file (comma-separated - CSV), then import it to aMember - you will see Import option in aMember control panel menu.