Need to protect a link.

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by jjump, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jjump

jjump New Member

Currently I am protecting my PDF files from non-subscribers by protecting the "folder" these PDFs are uploaded to.

However, I am switching to a new company to handle my PDF files, and since they will have the PDF files I need to protect the access to their links.

So my idea was I was going to protect the htm page where I placed a link to the all of the PDF files, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I just need a page that is protected that I can place this link on that makes sure non-subscribers can't access this page.

Thank you in advance for your time/help!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can use wordpress to create a post and protect the link URL - but this wont prevent hotlinking directly to the file.

To protect the file on the other site- it depends on the other site. You may be able to use the plugin 'remote access'. You may also be able to use amazon hosting, and have the other company upload the pdf's to an amazon s3 account which you can protect.

David
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Oh, you can also create a page within the amember system to place the link in- if you arent worried about hotlinking.

David