Need to adjust Invoice Item Price on Hook

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by keithvaughan, Dec 2, 2014.

1. keithvaughan

keithvaughan New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish this:
    I've been working with the site.php file for my other customizations, and I wonder if I can accomplish this, by doing the same approach, then what hook should I listen to?
    I also still got no clue about updating the Invoice Item price.

I'd be grateful if anyone can point me out with a working code. Thank you :)
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can use event Am_Event::INVOICE_GET_CALCULATORS to add your calculator. Also you will need to implement calculator based on Am_Invoice_Calc class. To get idea how it works please check file amember/library/Am/Invoice/Calc.php
  3. keithvaughan

keithvaughan New Member

Thanks for pointing out, caesar. But can you elaborate your answer? I'm still new in this.
  4. caesar

What is exactly you want to implement?
  5. keithvaughan

keithvaughan New Member

Thank you for still paying attention to this thread, caesar.

What I want to implement is to handle offline payment method for my customers;
    1. Adjust the invoice.first_total based on my function, which will return a new calculated first_total price
    2. Apply the calculated price on Am_Event::INVOICE_BEFORE_INSERT

But I still got no clue to work on your suggested Am_Invoice_Calc class. That's why I need more code snippet from you :p

------------------ OOT ------------------
    I know my next question is out-of-topic, but is it possible to create two offline payment method options on Signup Form? I want to allow my customer to choose one out of two bank account.
  6. caesar

You can use this code in site.php (http://www.amember.com/docs/Site.php_file)
    HTML:
    Am_Di::getInstance()->hook->add(Am_Event::INVOICE_BEFORE_PAYMENT_SIGNUP, 'myHandler');

function myHandler(Am_Event $e) {
         /* @var $invoice Invoice */
        $invoice = $e->getInvoice();
        $invoice->updateQuick('first_total', 30);
    }
    Regarding second offline plugin. Yes, it is possible. Please copy file amember/application/default/plugins/payment/offline.php to amember/application/default/plugins/payment/offline2.php
    and inside file offline2.php replace Am_Paysystem_Offline with Am_Paysystem_Offline2
    keithvaughan likes this.
  7. keithvaughan

keithvaughan New Member

I have tried the code, and it works!
    Thank you, caesar.