Need some feedback!

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by DevildogMP, Apr 16, 2004.

1. DevildogMP

DevildogMP Guest

Ok..it's obvious cutomer support from Alex is outstanding..lets see if the members can give me some feedback!
    What I want to do:
    My website has thousands of graphics ( cell phone wallpapers). Right now I'm using oscommerce and want a change. We have direct download urls for each product currently listed in the product discription..the customer simply types into his phone this direct url when they find a graphic they like. The drawback is, the whole site has to be password protected..if not, of course anyone could have access to the product...this of course means that potential customers can't browse the site.
    What I'd like to do is of course make it accessible to everyone, with only members being able to either a) see the links, or b)have the actual link emailed to them.
    The only idea I have for now would to be create 2 identical sites (yikes!) and after payment for membership the would be sent to the site with the url links are shown. This of course would make it neccessary to create one site without links for potential customers, and one site for members.
    Any thoughts on this? I'm sold on aMember...so I'd like some input from you guys on what platform would be best for this..Frontpage? PhpNuke..etc
    Familiar with both, but leaning towards phpnuke and just creating html pages within for the products.
    Now..I'll sit patiently staring at my computer to see what you guys have to say! Hopefully some one will have an iddea or two! What programs do you use for your websites?!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi,
    as alternative, you may have a look to Coppemine or PhotoPost.
    To be honest, custom solution could be better for your needs. This custom script could display previews automatically and it could offer download urls for registered members only.

Unfortunately, we cannot take any custom works now.
  3. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

Why not use the downloads feature in oscommerce. It lets you sell access to files. You choose how long they get and how many downloads--on a per file basis.
    Tom
  4. DevildogMP

DevildogMP Guest

I was thinking of instead of 2 sites..maybe put the links pages in downloads and restricting downloads to subscribers..we seel ringtones and wallpapers, and a direct download links saves on internet time and sms charges on the customers cell phone..any ideas on the easiest way..I really don't like oscommerce too well
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

DevildogMP, may be it will be better if you contact us at https://www.cgi-central.net/support/ and we can shedule chat session in ICQ/MSN/AOL or something like this? Then we can discuss your task in detail, and I could give you better advice. Your task still be not 100% clear for me.