Need Duplicate E-mails V4

Discussion in 'Installation' started by kenmomentum, Nov 21, 2013.

1. kenmomentum

kenmomentum New Member

Hello

On this site there are times when the user must have a second subscription. When she does this she wants to user her same e-mail that is used on the first signup.

My question is how do I get the ability to use the e-mail address on more than one account. She does not have the same username and password. A new account with an existing e-mail that is already in the DB.
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

I think you're asking for a mod that would need to be customized, yet would potentially cause a lot of security flaws. The inability to use duplicate emails is industry standard with protective software everywhere including aMember. Much easier (and cheaper for you) to ask her to open a second email address on gmail, yahoo, etc - many free ones to choose from. Up to you of course. Just trying to save you some serious coin in having aMember's framework re-coded.
  3. kenmomentum

kenmomentum New Member

Hello

I think you are right no need to spend money if not needed. One e-mail for security is reasons is something we can all live with. This is difficult coming from v3 to v4 and getting every setup properly.

Thanks for your help with this.