Need advice on best place to install aMember

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by deblq, Jun 23, 2009.

1. deblq

deblq New Member

Hi,

I'd like to do this right the first time! Hence my question.

We have a number of domains on one hosting account - and our main business domain is NOT the root domain used to initially subscribe to hostgator. Our additional domains are add-on domains in our shared hosting account on HostGator.

We plan to have a number of individual courses and a membership site managed by aMember (sequential content delivery for paid customers on the courses, and a standard membership site). We will be managing each course and the membership site as independent 'products' with unique passwords, etc.

If A is the root domain (not our main site), and B is our main site, but is an add-on domain - where should we install our aMember application so that it can manage all of our membership products with one installation?

We'd love to have separate URLs/domain names for each product. In reading the FAQ, it sounds like we can do that with one aMember installation - maybe by pointing the product domain names to the main amember installation site? I didn't really understand how to use the rewrite of the htaccess file as explained...

OK - hopefully this isn't too confusing a question! Thanks for the advice.

Deb