myBB setup help

Discussion in 'Integration' started by tashworth, Dec 24, 2013.

1. tashworth

tashworth New Member

Since there is really no good documentation on how to make forum integrations work, I have decided to post things I find on my journey here, hopefully to help others. and open a good discussion on how to get the login, logout and registrations functions on forums replaced with the amember login, logout and registration links.

On myBB I changed the following (yoursite.com means put your site info here):

The above fixed the main login, logout and registration for guest and members, but I have two problems.

1. Admin cannot view the forum as a member, it marks them as a guest.
    2. Forgot my password, registration on other pages, and logins on other pages, still go to mybb login.

I emailed support and here is the response I got:

Obviously the problem with teh above is that you can login, logout and register without amember. The single login does work for both Wordpress and Forum, but on the forum you don't even need amember, even though you install the plugin. Also, protecting the forum is out of the question, because I want to let GUEST read post, but not create new post.

Anyway, this is my first post and I hope it helps someone else. I am still trying to get amember fully integrated into myBB, wish me luck....
  2. tashworth

tashworth New Member

oops, I left the domain name in...