Multiple Usernames on One Account

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by realestatesteve, Dec 5, 2008.

1. realestatesteve

realestatesteve New Member

In my application, I need to have the ability for the registered user to create additional users to access their account.

The additional users will have a unique username and pass, but since they are accessing the owners account they do not have to submit payment information as long as the owners account is in good standing.

Is this possible with aMember?

In my database, information that is displayed is linked to an account number. If the account number matches that of the user logged in (not to be confused with the user id; those are separate), then the data is displayed for that account ID.

If an user wants to register a new account, that user must create a new account ID (I keep track of those in my database). If the owner of the account wants to create additional users for their account..they can do so.

So basically with aMember - I'm still going to need the ablity to control PHPSESSIONS since that's how I keep track of the account number of the user that is logged in.

Is all of this possible?
  2. realestatesteve

realestatesteve New Member

So I was playing with the trial, and I think I can do this just fine. I could basically have to login areas - one for brand new users (want to create an account), and the other for users that are sub_users of the main account.

The sub users would login to a non-protected page and get into the member area...but this wouldnt work with amember's php include to protect pages I don't think since that user isn't in the amember user database. Following me?

I could use my own method of managing who has access and who doesn't I guess - still have to figure that part out.