Multiple Signup Pages

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by cmap, Nov 10, 2003.

1. cmap

cmap Guest

hi
    I don't think this is too difficult its just difficult for me. :)

I want to have a few signup pages as we have different bands selling tracks eg.
    signup page 1 -
    Band A track 1
    track 2
    track 3
    track 4
    signup page 2 -
    Band B track 1
    track 2
    track 3
    track 4

I tried modifying the query on signup.php to
    $products = $db->get_products_list() where product_id=1;
    with and without quotes round the 1, for example but it didnt work.
    Even if its pulling it from the database just not showing it thats fine....
    To clarify i'm thinking of copying signup.php and then changing the query on each to get signup1.php signup2.php and then having login1.php pointing to signup1.php and login2.php to signup2.php....
    Using the free version...
    Thanks for any advice/pointers...
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

3. cmap

cmap Guest

hi
    thanks, can I still split if all items are the same price though ? (these are all music songs the same price, just different bands projects).

I'm thinking there might be a way to hardcode the query eg. product_id=1,2,3 on one page and product_id=4,5,6 in another but not so hot on php......
  4. Kelsthemes

Kelsthemes Guest

Gee I never thought I would ever get to the point where I can give help. But here it goes.

1. Make a copy/s of signup html and signup php. and name them according to what ever you sections will be. ~~~~~make sure you save the html file in the template folder and the php in the root of amember.

example ..... discount.html and discount.php

2. Look in signup.php for the lines almost at the bottom of the page that say this

//remove paysystems such as manual

$t->assign('products', $products);
    $t->assign('paysystems', $paysystems);
    $t->display('signup.html');}

see the line that calls signup.html ..... change that to the name of your new section.html and make sure you upload them both to your server in their right folders.

3. Make a normal form like you would for any other html page. <form name=signup method=post>
    Now you want to have it so that you can have nice rows and colums for your customers on a page that is not a mile and half long.

4 Make a table inside of your form and for each product use the following form tag <input type=radio name=product_id value="<span style='color:red'>3"></span> but make the value match your product.

Do this for each product you are selling. To test this new page make a free test product to make sure that it is submitting, if it works in testing then as long as you didn't mess up the payment type value you are all set.

I sell different levels of products and even have done this to make discount specials for certain membership groups. You can take a look at my membership registery page and snag my code if you like http://www.kelsthemes.com/amember/signup.php ....if you do you will need the following for the agreement to work.

if ($vars['Agree']!= YES) {
    $error[] = 'Please Check Yes to agree with our Terms and Conditions';
    }

This you paste into what would be the signup.php page.

That is it ..... now if I could just figure out how to get the extra form things to write to my database I would be soooooo Happy. If you have a clue would be willing to listen.

Best of luck

Kel
  5. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, it should work.
  6. cmap

cmap Guest

i'll give it a shot, thanks.
  7. Kelsthemes

Kelsthemes Guest

You are welcome :)
  8. gdog

gdog New Member

Actually, all you need to do is set a different price group for each product, even if the actual price is the same. For example, product one is $29, product two is $29, product three is $39, so:

price group 0 = product one = $29
    price group 1 = product two = $29
    price group 2 = product three = $39

Send users to either of the following, each of which will contain only one, single product:

signup.php?price_group=0
    signup.php?price_group=1
    signup.php?price_group=2

Yeah, this messed with me for a while too. It should be called groups, not price groups. Price implies that they all have to be of the same price when in fact they do not...
  9. gdog

gdog New Member

By the way, you can also setup groups with multiple pricings all in one price group, so related products can all show up on one signup page. To do it you would do something like:

All Tie Flying classes:
    price group 4 = basic = $49
    price group 4 = intermediate = $59
    price group 4 = advanced = $69

Send users to the following which will contain all three products:

signup.php?price_group=4

Hope that helps somebody someday! :)