Multiple Plug-ins Integration?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by spence, Dec 5, 2003.

1. spence

spence Guest

I flipped a coin between Dreamaccount & aMember. I ended up purchasing Dreamaccount. OUCH!

I waited & waited for vB3 because of their subscription feature...only to be told trial periods via paypal would never be integrated. The nice folks at Invisionboard are "working" on it.

So, please help me to understand your program!

IF I have multiple software running on my website...pMachine, vBulletin & IPB...how would I integrate aMember? I want one subscription package with one trial period & recurring billing via Paypal. I do not want my customer to be asked to re-commit once the trial period ends. I want the trial period to seamlessly flow into the regular subscription amount -- with them agreeing up-front for this to occur.

IF I have multiple instances of the same software...let's say two Invisionboards instead of one...how would this work with aMember?

Please help me understand the capacities of your program.
    So far, I'm only frustrated & poorer by having tried to integrate other member systems. I cannot afford to throw away any more money! :(
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

aMember plugins just update third-party member databases, to keep them in sync with aMember user records and subscription status. It all will work as expected, and trials will be handled as you want.

It is possible, but stop - why do you need this ? I guess I know more short way.
  3. spence

spence Guest

If you know a shorter or better way, please tell me what you mean, Alex. :) My concern is only that aMember update & keep in sync all databases on my site.

Thanks for your reply.
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

I mean that you configure invision board to allow access to specific (paid) forums for special usergroups.
    User can belong to these usersgroups only if he subscribed via aMember. Then when his subscription expires, he will be deleted from this group and he will be returned to usual (free) usergroup and he will be able to access
    "free" forums only.
    With this setup, you can use 1 invision board installation to handle both free and paid forums on your site.