multiple installs on same server

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by tombr, Dec 25, 2004.

1. tombr

tombr Guest

Merry Christmas!

I was looking through the license agreement in the downloadble .pdf manual and I got to the part about a single installation per single web site per single server. OK, I understand the single license per web site (but a price break for multiple licenses would be expected) but the single installation per server doesn't sound right to me. I host several web sites on the same server but I can't buy a separate aMember license for several of these sites? I stumbled on aMember today (the fact that I'm looking at this stuff on Christmas tells you how serious I am about this) and aMember would fill the needs of 2 of my existing clients and a 3rd that I'm trying to land. Having to buy 3 different, full price licenses certainly reduces the attractiveness of aMember but doesn't rule it out. However, if I can't run all 3 licenses on 3 different sites on the same server, I'll have to look elsewhere. Any feedback welcome.

Tom
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Tom,
    thank you for your feedback!

It is common practice to charge for each installation of script. For example, you may read vBulletin or Invision PowerBoard licenses.
  3. tombr

tombr Guest

Alex - I'm not questioning the requirement of needing, for example, 3 licenses for 3 different domains. I understand that. However, the wording suggested to me that there can be only a single instance of aMember on a server. There may be a dozen resellers on the same server, each hosting a dozen sites. I was reading the agreement to suggest that only one of those 144 sites could have an install (a licensed install) of aMember. Obviously, that's not the case and you would be very happy to sell everyone of those 144 sites a license. Correct?
  4. alex

In fact, aMember was never specially designed for hosting providers (altrough it can be used for this goal with some limitations).

So, when we talk about "domain" in license text, it is about place where aMember will be installed, it is not about domain which you sell to your clients using aMember!

I hope I understood your situation correctly. If not, please contact support and descirbe your business in little more details, I hope we will be able to find solution working for both us.
  5. alex

Sorry, I see, I misundertood your question.

Of course, license doesn't limit how many instances of aMember is running on the server. It is only required that you order a license for each instance(installation).
  6. jatt50

jatt50 New Member

Hi i have a question can i host amember on 2 domains for my clients with one License Key. If I were to host sites. And what are Limitations you were telling above. Thanks
  7. alex

You need to order a separate license key for each domain and each aMember installation.

For webmaster/reseller discounts, please contact us via helpdesk.