Multiple currency option?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by guy1, Mar 17, 2011.

1. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi guys can't see this anywhere, does amember allow the option for clients to pay in more than one currency? Or set products with different currency? Either will probably do for me.

Thanks.
  2. guy1

guy1 Member

Found it. Thanks
  3. antthepant

antthepant New Member

Hi Guy,
    Saw this. Can you tell me whwr you found it?

cheers

Anthony
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Anthony,
    Is this supported by payment plugin you can find it in aMember CP -> Manage Products -> Edit Product.
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

Sorry guys I didn't see the replies here.

I now can't find it myself! Alex? Where can I set multiple currencies in v4?

Thanks
  6. alexander

if payment plugin supports payments in different currencies, Currency setting should be available in product settings:
    product settings.png
  7. guy1

guy1 Member

Ok thanks. I'm just using PayPal but I'm surprised it isn't offering multiple currencies.
  8. alexander

It should be available for PayPal for sure.
    Please contact us in help desk
  9. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi Alex. I've contacted the help desk. They've said I need a different product for each currency. Seems Bizzare to me that if you have a piece of content or a secure folder you wan to sell subscriptions to, you need a different product for each currency and also an additional product for each payment period as well. So for example if I have two currencies with monthly, quarterly and annual payment options I end up with six products to manage, that's a whole lot of complexity, even before I consider multiple secure folders/subscriptions plus additional currencies.
  10. alexander

Unfortunately this is correct. You have to create different product for different currency or period.
  11. franciscus

franciscus New Member

It would be nice if a product supported more than one currency.

But creating separate products is not too bad; its a one-time thing. And if you create a separate signup page for each currency, it's very easy on the user. That also has the advantage that you can tailor the payment systems to those who make sense for each currency.