Multi-part emails?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by powerkeys, Mar 3, 2016.

1. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I may be missing something here, but I can't find how to define multi-part emails that include both text and HTML versions.

As I understand it, multi-part emails have better deliverability than either plain text or plain HTML.

Besides that, I'd like my members to see HTML emails when they are able, and the text version when their email client does not show HTML.

Is there a way to define multi-part emails, and if not, could this be implemented in a future version?

Thanks.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

In case of you use HTML format for email aMember compose text version automatically (strip html tags)
    and add it to message as text part to improve deliverability.

Unfortunately there is not ability to define text part manually from admin interface.

Best Regards.
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Thanks, Caesar, for the confirmation.

With all the selection and timing features for emails, there are really only a few areas where aMember could be improved for running a full-fledge mailing list.

Manual control of both text and HTML components, automatic bounce processing, and tracking of opens and clicks would be the top 3.

With the affiliate tracking features already existing, tracking opens and clicks would be relatively simple to add, as would multipart content. Bounce processing would take the most work, although I'm sure it could be done simply enough.

Please consider this for future versions.

It could be sold as an add-on module. ;)

Thanks.
    caesar likes this.
  4. caesar

5. caesar

BTW: In case of you use Amazone SES as Email Sending method then we already have ready solution to handle bounce based on Amazon SNS Notifications. This feature implemented as plugin. You can contact us in helpdesk if you need it.