Moving aMember to Rackspace

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by louisestapleton, Sep 21, 2011.

1. louisestapleton

louisestapleton aMember Pro Customer

I've been reading some posts about the challenges of moving aMember to rackspace and am wondering if I am making a mistake by using them as a host.

Has anyone had great success in moving to Rackspace and was it worth the move.

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I have a lot of bad experience with Rackspace. I seriously recommend to you choose another hosting, for example this one
  3. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

I use WiredTree.com and am continually thrilled by their level of service. Prices aren't bad either. They are in Chicago and answer support phones 24/7. This is VPS or managed servers - not cheapo hosting accounts.
  4. louisestapleton

louisestapleton aMember Pro Customer

thank you guys so much for letting me know! I really appreciate your input
  5. scottq

scottq New Member

Older thread but I had to say that I was with Rackspace for over 8 years - only leaving recently because of cost.

I have called Rackspace at all hours of the day and night - even Christmas Day my first year and they were there. I wished them a Merry Christmas and thanked them for being there.

I would recommend Rackspace over every other host (for dedicated servers). I never did try their Cloud.