Moving amember folder in a wordpress installation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jjenkins, Nov 24, 2015.

1. awylie

awylie aMember Pro Customer

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating from my current hosting provider to another (WP Engine). As part of that move, I believe I need to move the amember directory from under the root directory to under the wp-content directory.

Is there some document that details this process? It will be great if any one can post a link to that. Or if any of you have done that, could you please list out the steps to follow?

Thanks in advance.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

aMember should be in its own root directory.
    ryanvinu likes this.
  3. awylie

awylie aMember Pro Customer

I am not sure I understand. Assume the root directory for the site is /www - in my earlier installation, amember was installed under /www/amember. However, wpengine does not allow that - and I need to move this to /www/wp-content/plugins/amember. How can we move the installation under /www/amember to /www/wp-content/plugins/amember?

Note, the amember wordpress remains in the correct installation folder in /www/wp-content/plugins/amember4

Thanks
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Unless you host is doing something 'strange' to stop you running non-wordpress additional software simply upload amember to /www/amember I don't think you want base aMember installed as you have indicated.

Ask the providor about it, say something like "I have a third party application (not plugin) that I need to install to /www/amember how do I do that?" and see what they say. Looking at their sales blurbo they are operating as a niche service.