Move amember to a new Domain

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rajprince, Aug 8, 2012.

1. rajprince

rajprince New Member

Hi,

I have an amember installation integrated with vBulletin Forum. I need to move both of them to a new domain.

I will figure out the licensing part.

Can any one please help through the steps i should follow in moving them to a new domain.

Thanks.
  2. rajprince

rajprince New Member

Btw, i am using amember v3.
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

This question has been asked, and answered many times now. Do a search on changing domains and changing web hosting.

Are you just changing domain names and retaining the same hosting package or are you also moving to a new host.
  4. rajprince

rajprince New Member

@thehpmc Thanks for your answer.
    I am changing the domain on the same server.

I have searched the forum but only found answer with respect to license. Did not find instruction to move.

Thanks.
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If you are just changing the domain name then all you would probably need to do is change, from Admin CP, Configuration - Global, change the Root URL and Secure URL to the new domain name.

If you are moving packages then backup site files and database and restore them to new package. If both packages have cPanel any move can be through it.

Only major problems you might encounter is if you have recurring payments as these will no doubt fail. Cannot see a way around this unless you are storing the card details yourself.