Moodle Integration Plugin Development

Discussion in 'Integration' started by gswaim, Nov 27, 2012.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I have done some initial testing of the Moodle Integration Plugin (which is in Beta). I have been in contact with Alexander via a trouble ticket about further development and refinement of the plugin.

For the benefit of others interested in this plugin, I started a ticket in the aMember BugTracker. Look for Issue 1019. Feel free to get involved, where you can contribute, through this ticket .

Soon I will post a link to my test site on this ticket so you can help in the testing. I will also post to this ticket fairly detailed screencasts, such as this one, to document findings and to show how the plugin works in a "real world" setting.

Let's "Get Er Done" :)
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Moodle Development...

I am a long time WordPress user and I also use Moodle everyday as a college instructor. I am building a site to deliver training/instruction and the popular learning management system (LMS) Moodle would seem like the best platform for this. Therefore, I switched my focus from aMember's WordPress plugin to the Moodle plugin.

While Moodle does offer a more powerful set of features, it is hard to setup and configure. I found it took hours to accomplish things I could do in minutes on the WordPress platform. In my case I can deliver the training effectively using WordPress. This requires the use of specific themes, plugins, and tweaks, but it will work for me.

Therefore, I have decided to focus my efforts back on WordPress. Alexander just updated the Moodle plug-in that I think is still considered to be in Beta. If you need a full featured LMS, you should use Moodle and report any issues to BugTracker.