moodle 2.5 integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by sarah_rendle, Apr 3, 2014.

1. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member

Hi there, I'm new to amember, having taken almost 2 weeks of sole searching for a solution for:-
    1. single sign on
    2. shopping cart
    3. moodle

I would like my clients to only sign in once, buy my course through a shopping cart, then have full access to the purchased course.

Having read a thread in moodle someone mentioned he is using amember for is membership site and delivering his moodle courses.

I have read the integration doc. this seems very clear and quiet simple. But I did read it took someone 2 days to get the integration to work.

Can anyone confirm that amember can provide a solution to my needs and just how long does it take for an average person to setup the integration between amember and moodle (+shopping Cart)

Sincere thanks Sarah
  2. charles_5

charles_5 aMember Pro Customer

Yes, it works. Not with Moodle 2.5 though. The amember-moodle integration is stuck at Moodle 2.4 right now because of a new method for "salting" passwords in the database.

It is hard to answer your question with "average person" doing the integration. A lot of it depends on scale of the site. If you are selling a few courses it will go much faster than 100 courses. There is no automatic provisioning of products between Moodle and Amember. You have to do a several step process getting each class set-up. Then you have to present the class for sale with the Amember shopping cart or form(s).

My gut feeling is that is you have experience with website and system administration it is doable. It will probably be a 2 day project, unless you have a lot of Amember, Moodle, and system admin experience.... then you might get it down to a day.
  3. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member

Hi there thank you for responding - I have just received notice from CGI that they have actually tested this on moodle 2.6 and everything works fine.

Sarah x
  4. charles_5

Thanks for the update. Can you or anyone else confirm they got the integration working with Moodle 2.6? I have what appears to be the latest version, and in my previous testing it didn't work. I am just hoping someone else can confirm it's working before I start the process of upgrade testing.

Thanks!
  5. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member

Hi Charles

Amember support told me they have tested this with 2.6 and it works fine - I am currently still on moodle 2.5 so haven't personally tested it.

Sarah x
  6. chemistry2004

chemistry2004 Member

It works perfectly, even with moodle 2.7rc1. All you need to take care of two things:
    1. keep database as session handling
    2. keep the old salt in the config.php
  7. charles_5

Awsome! Thanks for the confirmation and the tips. Much appreciated.