Mobile login page?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by sirosman, Nov 11, 2009.

1. sirosman

sirosman New Member

Hi everyone,

So, we've been using amemer for years and couldn't be happier! something has come up and need to know if there are solutions out there already for them:

we are launching a mobile version of our site (on the same domain) and users can only use certain sections of it if they are logged in. So, the problem is that when someone is on the iphone mobile site and then they enter a section of the site that's locked, they are forwarded to the typical login page which is designed for the the regular version of the site.

Is there a way to have two login pages and redirect users to the mobile version of the login based on the fact that they are viewing the site from the iphone browser for example?

I guess we can use .htaccess and do a mod rewrite for the loginpage based on the browser but does anyone have any other ideas for a clearner integration?

Thanks
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

3. slinky

slinky Member

I just realized this too... and it's a year later. Has anyone created something for mobile access? I didn't realize what a mis-step it was since all my current skins all allow for a nice, convenient mobile registration on the site.
  4. glrfcentral

glrfcentral New Member

I guess I should add my voice here to asking the simple question:
    1. Is there a solution for aMember mobile login?

Skippy's solution is so far above my technical knowledge that I just sit here bewildered.

Hasn't anyone mastered this challenge yet?

Thanks,

Brian
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No there is no ready to use solution yet. It will be implemented in amember 4 for sure because it will support themes.
  6. booforum

booforum Member