Migration into aMember from Access 2007

Discussion in 'Installation' started by armourer, Oct 13, 2012.

1. armourer

armourer New Member

Any of you guys done a migration from another system into aMember? I would interested to hear about how you did it. Our current system is using Access 2007 and I want to migrate all of the members across. Any ideas how to do this?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

In aMember create a sample export file. Think it's in Excel format.

Now create an Excel version of your Access database.

You will need to reformat some of these entries to match those in aMember then import this into aMember.

I used this method to upgrade from aMember 3 to 4 as I wanted to use the opportunity to make structure changes at the same time as upgrading.
  3. armourer

armourer New Member

That sounds easy enough. Cheers.

He do we kick off recurrent payments for the current members though? Do they all have to create a login and sign up or can we kick it off through aMember?
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Don't think any payment processor will allow you to start what is effectively a new site with existing details. Members will have to agree to new recurring payment agreements.

A page on your site would probably be required explaining the changes in membership software and that it will be necessary for them to confirm their existing details and set up new payment plan.