Migrate off Plug-n-Pay

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by entangled, May 30, 2017.

1. entangled

entangled aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

I have a Client who has been using Plug-n-Pay (PnP) for years. He has some 500+ members.

How does one migrate off PnP without loose the existing Membership?

Thank you.
    affiligate likes this.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Do you have active recurring subscriptions?

What is payment system you want to use?

Thanks.
    affiligate likes this.
  3. entangled

entangled aMember Pro Customer

Thanks for the reply.

As mentioned, this Client has been using PnP for years. Yes, there is some 300+ Recurring Members (Subscriptions) and we do not want to "start over".

Years ago, while running Apache 1, I had a multi-oasswird file module that worked great. In .htaccess, you would point to a file that contained a list of password files. If a username / password combination was not found in the first .htpasswd, the module would go to the next file until all files were gone through.

If I understand this correctly, the same functionality can be done in Apache 2 on Linux, but, I have yet to figure out how to get it to work.

The multi-password files solution would be ideal since PnP would still manage their for existing Members, and aMember would manage it's file for all new Members.

We will be using the same Gateway (Payment System) the is currently used at PnP which is First Data (Linkpointe). aMember would simply be replacing PnP for all new Memberships.

In lue of a multi-password files Apache 2 / Linux solution, I can setup a Cron to cat the .htpasswd files to together and run it every minute. Not really my idea of a solution.

We are using Password Sentry (PS) to detect Brute Force / multiple-IPs usage. Within .htpasswd, there are statements which forces the Members to log in through PS with a reCapture. There might be a way to either use existing PS or have a PS add-on developed to allow multi-password files, but, I have not pursued this yet.

Got any ideas how to get this done?

Thanks again.
    affiligate likes this.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You need to enable and configure First Data plugin. Then update table am_invoice within your database
    and replace paysys_id from plugnpay to firstdata for all invoices with status = 2 (recurring active)

Best Regards.
    affiligate likes this.