Membership upgrades

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mohsin, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mohsin

mohsin New Member

Is it possible for free members or members from one class to upgrade to another membership level?
  2. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

Hi mohsin,

When your free members purchase a paid subscription, they will be upgraded.

Lee
  3. jes_bad

jes_bad New Member

Downgrade

IF the member cancels their paid subscription, will they be downgraded to a free member?
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

It depends- did they go from free to paid? If free was lifetime, they still have that.

If not already on free, then they wont.

But if you use jlogicas complimentary plugin you can add the free membership when they ordered paid. I have a basic version available as a bonus to my premium members- ads a lifetime to a 2nd product, or you can order the advanced plugin from jlogica and set the expire date.

David
  5. jes_bad

jes_bad New Member

Thanks for the reply David. The scenario I might face is the following: User registers for the site (free membership), but then decides to upgrade to a paid membership. Months later this user may decide to cancel their paid membership. I still want them to be able to access the articles available to free members. Is this possible?
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, as long as free was set to lifetime, they should be good- are you using wordpress or other CMS? If so, set the plugin to default to the free role.

David
  7. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

your answer :)

Hi Jes,

Yes, if your member has 2 subscriptions: Free & Paid, and the "Paid" expires, all that's left in his subscription in this case is "Free", and his account will only gain access to all that's in the "Free" subscription.

Lee